I've been neglecting the blog recently, I apologize. It's been a busy month. We're preparing for Santa Claus to come to town! Xavi heard that song and learned all about Santa in a few minutes. I wasn't sure how I felt about Xavi believing in Santa last year. I had hoped to teach him about the three kings that come bearing gifts on January 6. Instead of a stocking you put your shoes outside your door. We may still celebrate that a bit but it looks like santa is bringing the majority of the gifts this year. I asked Xavi how many he wanted and he jumped up and reached up and said up to this high. I asked what he wanted and when he hesitated I offered some suggestions. He listened and said "all of it, all of it". 

Another day I asked if he wanted to buy his teachers a present and he looked at me like something was wrong with me and said "mami, santa claus is bringing the presents". Then this week, when he noticed other children bring them presents, he said we needed to buy them a present. I asked what we should get for them and he said: chocolate, candy and vitamins. I bought and wrapped some presents and brought them with me yesterday when I picked him up at school. He saw them and said, "Santa Claus came to town!" I said he brought these for your teachers, ok? They're not for you. He gave them up pretty easily and just offered to help unwrap. Then turned to us and said we had to go because Santa Claus was in his home. We did have a present from a friend of Daniel's that we had to open - from Tirso. Those that know him know what it was...you guessed it - cheese. So we thought we'll let him open that. When we arrived at home he looked in every room for Santa. We thought he was looking for presents and gave him the one he could open. He opened it but kept asking where Santa was. We plan to go on Monday to check out where Santa is these days and find out when the heck he's coming to town! We have a calendar and are counting down the days.

Carolina is still testing out standing and cruising. She is more stable now but isn't letting go of furniture to venture out on her own. She will crawl between furniture rather than try to take a few steps. A few weeks ago people said she would walk any day...I didn't really believe it because she was so wobbly on her feet. These days she looks like it's just a matter of her making the decision to move forward. I actually think she could do it. When she's ready, I'm sure she will.

All the presents are wrapped and I'm not sure who's more excited, Xavi or me!
I also have a picture of him with his new hearing aids. I'll have to post those later. he is increasing the amount of time he wears them, but it's slow going.

1 comment:
I am co chairperson of the wise king event for the deaf latino organization. You must bring xavi! ask me for information card! Its on jan 3 from 4 to 7
Post a Comment