Today is Xavier's grampa's birthday! Happy birthday, gramps. Xavier can't say gramps yet, but I'm sure he'll learn soon. You can teach him when you visit.
I'll have to teach him to say mami again. It seems he has forgotten how to say mami these days. He is still actively practicing papi, kitty, bath and thank you. And there are those days when he babbles away and it sounds like real words. Like the other day when his gibberish sounded exactly like "I didn't do it". I'm serious. It really did. He's practicing for the day he'll need to deny some accident he's caused.
It also sounds like he says abuelita...though his version sounds like "tita" and possibly "arriba" - up. Oh, and I must not forget his singing "shake, shake, shake"..."shake, your booty"...this is from his aunts. It's better than "booty, booty, botty, rockin everywhere".
And in this video, aside from saying papi, he also shakes his finger at me to say no - after I 've said no to him.
He is also very good at tickling and growling. Though this past week this got him into trouble. A few months ago he met a second cousin named Niki, who is two weeks older than him. They didn't get along then, but his tita thought they might hit it off now that they are more mobile. At first things went well, they ran around and chased each other. Then Nikki, who was running ahead of him, tripped and he couldn't stop in time and landed on her. She was fine but a bit upset and whimpered a little. Xavier thought she wanted to play his favorite game, tickle wrestling, and started tickling her and growling. This really freaked her out and they may never be play buddies again.
Sunday, October 01, 2006
Happy Birthday to Gramps!
Posted by
xavicaro
at
9:17 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Norm,
I click on the video above and it won"t do any thing. What next?
gramps
Pippi too has forgotten Mama but Dada is top of her list - so annoying. We got your present - thank you. A real note will follow. I couldn't see the movie either. I had trouble with mine too. Ugh. Can you believe we have one-year-old toddlers? Miss you.
I want to see el gordito say no to u! I couldn't see the video. Something wrong lady fix it! :)
Love ya
Lala
Oh my god - I saw the video and it's so funny - very impressive. Thanks for Elmo.
Post a Comment