Friday, February 24, 2006

Update

Sorry no pictures...but I didn't want to neglect the blog this week, it's just been busy. The drool-machine's Oma and Gramps are in town, so although there has been lots of picture taking and movie making there has been no time to post. Here are some updates on what the drooly boy has been up to the last week and a half (a lot can happen in the life of 5 ½ month old in a week and half).

As you can probably guess…a lot of drooling! Gums are a bothering him, but no teeth yet. He seems fascinated with kisses (watch out ladies) and we think he tries to imitate after we give him lots of kisses. He leans in with his mouth open and slobbers all over our cheeks…no attempt to bite, though! He is also fascinated with adult food and drink…we’re always telling him he can’t have pizza yet, but we have given him water in his big kid cup (not sippy cup!) He wants to drink like mami and papi. We’ll get a shot of that later. He had been struggling a lot with rolling over, both from belly to back and back to belly. He could manage it, but would roll and fall back and repeat several times before getting over…then all of sudden yesterday he started doing it like he was an old pro. Just “Hey, look over there…I want that…" ok, roll. He also walks! Not really…he scoots backwards in his walker at his abuela’s house. But he does dance…usually it’s to the new Sean Paul song (but I’ll get him moving to some Carlos Vives or Sonora T or D). We caught that on tape! That will get posted when I get that figured out and a certain someone returns my camera’s software. That’s all for now.

4 comments:

Penelope said...

Hey Mr. X - we need to get together soon. I can rollover one way but maybe you can teach me how to do it all the way. You're my hero.
Love,
Pippi

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweet Boy,

It was so neat seeing you roll over and try drinking out of a glass. You are a little man ahead of his time! The big open mouth kisses need to be controlled, though. See you again soon.
love,
Oma

Anonymous said...

If the x man starts smacking his lips together to make a pop sound and looking silly, don't blame him, I know who tried to teach him.

Anonymous said...

X man is a fun guy to be with. I miss the little man. I'll sign this one, Gramps