Thursday, July 23, 2009

grown up and super cool

I've been lazy about posting since our return. Well, actually, I've been trying to catch up with laundry, grocery shopping, cleaning and other errands. But I had to post today after Xavi came in to the kitchen yesterday after dinner and started chatting me up about how the dishwasher works. When Caro comes in he says, very matter of factly, "Carolina, go eat your food. I'm talking to Mami. I'm not talking to you. Go."


Then this am I tell him to get ready to go to the Shedd, he's thrilled. He starts getting ready, picks out clothes and cleans up. While I'm trying to get his sister dressed, he says "I'm almost ready, I'm just doing my thing." I turn around to find him putting on deodorant!

By the way, one of his favorite words is cool.


I have great LBI pics to post, so I'll try to get those on this weekend.

2 comments:

tia gris said...

the recent pics are sooo cute! big smiles from both kids.

yeah, xavi is using his words so much more. and growing up to be a very clean and fresh smelling little boy...gets that from the mom.

tia lala said...

You tell that little boy to leave mini me alone.. Hmmphh telling her to go eat her food.. *muttering*