We're 98% done with our move. That last 2% is killing us though. We didn't really pack...we just grabbed stuff every day and brought it with us. Xavi helped too but ended up packing things like our keys or wallets then going to bed. It didn't actually help. We would end up blaming each other for moving these things during the organization process on this end. But we're onto him now. So if you're wondering why we even need that last 2% of stuff if we've been living without it for a little more than a week, join the club - we are thinking the exact same thing! Lots of c-r-a-p going to the trash in the coming days. Sorry about the spelling but these days it has become a habit, a part of our daily speech. The other day Daniel was recounting some outrageous story (I don't even remember what it was) and I said "shut up, no way"...the next thing I hear is "shut up!" out of xavi's mouth. I've been so good about so many other words too. He also yells "WHAAAAT" at the top of his lungs when I call him and I've realized that I don't like that. My dad used to complain about us doing that as kids and always wanted us to respond with the more polite "mande?" which I thought was BS. It literally translates to "order me?", which didn't jive with my (and probably not my three sisters) american feminist mentality (at the oh so wise ages of 13-19), but really is only a polite way to respond to someone. I think I have to work on that with Xavi (maybe Caro will catch on if Xavi does), much to my dad's delight. Xavi is also asking "what's that?" about everything! We haven't moved on to "why?" yet but I see it coming down the road - eek! Vacation began today for him and he is anxiously awaiting his upcoming flight to NY to see his grandparents. He talks about it all the time and when he's done he looks at me and asks "Do you want to come with me, mami?" ...he may take the baby too...they're getting along like brother and sister. One minute they love each other, the next minute they start rough housing and I hear myself say something my parents would have said "this is going to end in tears!" and sometimes it does....but not always.
Monday, August 18, 2008
Before Vacation
Posted by
xavicaro
at
9:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Where did you move and why? Keep us update! They are totally adorable.
Post a Comment