Saturday, February 23, 2008

Newest Arrival


We welcomed Carolina Pilar on Monday, February 18, 2008 at 10:43am. It was a quick and almost ideal labor and delivery. Contractions began at 4am and I was in the hospital by about 6am. By that point I was already 6cm, 90% effaced and +1 station. I say almost ideal because the epidural took a little long to get...I remember looking at the clock for more than half an hour while I sat on the edge of the bed and they chatted about cleaning my back and other details of the epidural...and contractions were 4-5 minutes apart! By the time they were done at 8am I was 9cm, fully effaced and 0 station. The epidural slowed things a bit so I dozed until it was time to push at about 9:30am. Pushing wasn't productive until 10:30am because I was sitting too far up, but once I shifted positions every push was rewarding and made the end feel so close. Below is the first of many family pictures. We'll do a nicer version later.

What I can't decide is who is having a worse hair day. Mom or baby? This picture was taken on Saturday hair washing day or today. I didn't realize this would happen when I washed her hair...maybe that's why you should only do it on Saturday. When she was born I thought she looked like me when I was born, but in this picture I think she looks like her gramps. I guess if Xavi looked like his abuelito when he was born she could look like the other one. It's hard to tell because she doesn't open her eyes much but does she have Xavi's eyes or her father's? Compare the two...um try to look past her hair.





1 comment:

xavicaro said...

By the way, the picture of xavi was taken at day 5 - same as caro's picture.