So here's the state of toddlerhood...
Xavi's decided to do fewer one word grunts and is starting to speak in complete sentences. A lot of it is spanglish, but I'm hoping he'll figure out how to separate the two languages eventually.
Potty training is not going well - at all. Since he can express a lot more these days we've figured out (not that it should have been difficult to figure out) that he just doesn't want to use the bathroom. He likes to wear underwear on the weekends and recently asked to wear them rather than diapers. When I was putting them on I was telling him he would have to use the potty if he wore underwear. His celebration about wearing underwear quickly ended when I said this and he took them off and said I don't want underwear, I don't want pee pee in the potty...and asked to have the diaper put on him instead!
His friend Sarai is now at daycare with him, but there was still crying at drop off. 8 weeks until baby sister arrives, I'm hoping he'll learn to love it by then!
A lot of physical activity, no surprise there, but recently after yelling ready, set, go or 1, 2, 3 he jumps off furniture. No matter what it is or how high and will also attempt leaps from one piece of furniture to another. We should probably head back to gym class.
Xavi definitely has a will of his own and has started to want to wear the same (favorite) clothes day after day. Today it was a new bears jersey he got for christmas - he wore it yesterday, asked for it instead of PJs after his bath, wore it to bed and wanted to keep it on this morning. Thanks Mari. His father was not happy about that and is looking for a niners jersey as I write.
Here are some pictures from last night:

No comments:
Post a Comment