Friday, December 14, 2007

x-mas preparations

First, the destruction. Xavier had to unload every last thing in the box before he could focus on the tree. Now he was ready to begin. He put the ornaments on and took them off, over an over again.

One of us lost half our lights and stockings and one of us realized that white lights really are boring especially for a two year old.



A few more finishing touches, a week of baking gingerbread cookies, new color lights...still no stockings and only half the shopping done. We're getting there. Xavi has become quite skilled at baking gingerbread. He even knows that they have to bake before he can frost and eat. He runs around saying cooking, cooking! Or Baking, Baking! And he has his own rolling pin. I'll take pictures next time we do this again. It's usually on days he wakes up at 5:30am!
We did the tree last weekend, despite my bad back - I spent most of the time sitting with a heat pad on my back.

I have 11 weeks to go in this pregnancy and Xavi is still crying at drop off at school (though not for long) and my back is about give out. But if this baby is born at 39 weeks like her brother, then I only have 10 more weeks. Yikes, I hope nesting kicks in soon, because we haven't done all that much yet...

No comments: