Thursday, August 09, 2007

More Travel, Tired and Jetlagged

Here is a quick run through of what we've been up to for the last couple of weeks. After we returned from NY we bid our dear friend Isa goodbye...very sad for us. She was also going to the same day care, so there was a pool party there (plus we took a trip to M Park and the beach on other days - no pics of that - to see more of her). It was also Skyler's last day and after the pool party we went to her 3rd b-day party.









Another day we went to the zoo with Jenny and Sarai.

Xavi's new favorite animal? Dolphins












Before leaving that day, however, Xavi gave his mom the scare of the year. He woke up from his nap and went to his parent's room (where the cats were) and closed the door and locked it. I thought I was going to have to tear the door down. I alternated between scolding and begging him to open the door. I finally got it open. The zoo was a nice way to celebrate.

Then we were off to the land of angels. It was a pretty good flight out...though we forgot the favorite movie - Nemo. Oops. We spent time with friends Julian and Quinten (Q was a 3 lb yorkshire terrier puppy!) and with cousins Sammy and Olivia.




















It was hard to get pics of Xavi and the dog, though I really wanted one. He kept trying to hug and carry the poor dog so we spent a lot of time chasing Xavi around trying to get him away from the dog. The flight back was fine as well, but getting Xavi back in this time zone proved more difficult than we anticipated. Mostly because he fell into west coast time very easily and quickly.
Oh and before leaving Xavi met a new favorite person...and when I say favorite, I mean favorite! Actually preferring Jenise carry him over me! I have the picture to prove the love and flirtation. Thankfully she's moving here at the end of the month.

No comments: