No, I won't be posting everyday now that I'm on vacation! But today has been an interesting day. 
We drove up to Lincoln Park Zoo and Xavi "read" on the way up...something he does more and more these days. He seems more grown up and I'm not sure how I feel about that. He also walked around a lot at the zoo and pointed out the lions and tigers and penguins and monkeys...by name. It was amazing. I knew he knew the names of all those animals it was just great to see him use/remember it in the real world. The fact that he wanted to walk made him seem so much less like a baby too. BTW, he also now has two of the four cuspids or #4s - on the upper and the lower leftside.
When we came home he took a 2.5 hour nap in his twin bed. Two nights ago he fell asleep in his bed, though he's been threatening to do it every night when he hops up there, covers himself up and says night night. These pictures are from that night. He looked so small in the bed and I worried about him falling...not so much rolling off, but stumbling off in the middle of the night. Or jumping off because he might decide to wake up and play. So I moved him back into his crib, which he looks kind of big in.
So at nap time I decided it was as good a time as any to start...I had to decide that because D was already on board. When Xavi woke up he sat in bed and waited for me to get him. The test run had gone well. In my mind I thought we could do naps there for the next month or so and then try night sleeping in the twin bed...but it was D's turn to tuck him in and Xavi turned to his dad in the middle of a book and said night night and went right to sleep. This picture is from a few minutes ago, sleeping with a clown fish and a penguin, one on each side. I guess he stays there for now, but I won't be sleeping so comfortably tonight. We'll see how it goes.

2 comments:
Why are u letting him grow?! He s becoming a big boy! This is not right I want him to be a little cutie patootie!!!hehehe
I have not blogged on lately but I really do enjoy watching this guy grow, even from affar. Keep the info and photos coming. Soon he will see where we live again but he will remember it this time.
grumps
Post a Comment