I'm not referring to size alone. He is now 19 months old! I can't believe it. He's now closer to 2 than 1. And he's certainly got his own personality. Now that he has some words it's even more amazing to talk with him. He says open for everything - turn on the lights, turn on the radio, open his sippy cup or open boxes at the store! Yes, his stubborn little self is on a sippy cup now. Daycare helped with that. He's also taking naps on a cot at daycare and thinks he's ready for the twin bed in his room. He tried to sleep there one night after his bath. He hopped up and covered himself up. He might have fallen alseep, but I moved him to his crib, I'm not sure if he's ready (or for that matter, if I'm ready) for that! He loves to finger paint. See below. There's lots of brown because he mixed all the paint colors together! The suns are D's.

He plays nice, maybe too nice with other kids. This is a new little friend.
He repeats everything we say, but never on queu, of course. Here are a few words I got lucky and caught on camera: Cookie and Mine. From now on I will only update words every so often and probably not all.
He also loves to sing the alphabet and can get to G on his own and counts 1-4 in english, but can only say one in spanish. Other favorite songs are Itsy Bitsy Spider, Great Big Spider and the Wheels on the Bus. He does the motions for all the songs, it's really cute, also learned that at daycare. He makes us stand up to sing and dance to these. I'll try to get it on camera.
He's also become quite the little baker. Loves to play with toy kitchens and the real thing.

3 comments:
Totally great to see Xavi in action. We miss you guys!
Is that Jenny in the picture of Xavi in school? I know her from Breckinridge House!
You're growing too fast, Xavi!
Allison
That is Jenny! She's an Adviser now and has a 1 year old little girl.
Post a Comment