Saturday, May 20, 2006

Solito on Lake Shore

We spent Saturday trying out Greek food (is lamb oked in the baby books? Who knows...these days he just wants food that is NOT on his plate) and taking a stroll to Lake Shore. We sat for a while and watched sailboats, kids riding their bikes, Daniel juggling, and the grass. He has tried crawling on grass in the backyard and thought it felt weird but eventually decided to explore (and pull it out by the fistfulls). Of course, our grass has not been cut this spring and cut grass feels sharp to his hands, so he stayed on the blanket and wouldn't let any part of his body touch the grass. I'm sure this phase won't last long, but for now it's nice to keep him contained.
Don't touch the grass!

Xavier must think that's easy, he doesn't seem impressed...

Solito lasted a bit. He lost his balance once, but regained it by holding out his arm. He thinks because he is holding my finger I must be keeping him up...

Ok, Xavier, keep thinking that. You can't tell from the picture, but he isn't bearing weight on my hand. I guess it just made him feel more secure.

It helps that he his feet are very wide apart! However, when I let go he freaked and plopped down on his butt.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

X-Mo is sooooooo cute. He s growing more since I last saw him. Where is that video that's going to make me proud?? I'm waiting for it. I miss the gordito. Tell him Tia Lala is coming in August to bite those cheecks!!!
:)

Penelope said...

Xavier - can you teach me to walk too?

Anonymous said...

Hi Xavier,
Good to see you growing so strong. Soon you will be kicking that ball around with your dad. He will love that and you know what. Gramps will be kicking it and running around with you two. Stay Happy.
Love, Gramps

Anonymous said...

Hi Exavier, you are growing up too fast with your real boy haircut. I wish I could squeese
you and hold you. gramma helen

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

hey guys im really proud of the lil guy and all that he has accomplished...however there is something i wanted to comment on...
the picture where he doesnt seem very impressed by daniel's juggling skills is probably because there is nothing to be impressed about!!! sorry daniel but i just had to bust you for that. just kidding man dont take it to the heart