Wednesday, May 31, 2006

More Updates and a Video for Tia Lala

Xavier is moving a ton. Some may find this not as amazing, but he's my first so humor me. Climbing his gate and standing...seems pretty cool to us. These days Xavier is standing in the tub even. He loves taking a bath so much that he practically lunges into the tub, he helps take his clothes off and he stands in the tub and lunges into the water - literally. He also drinks the water...yuk.
Xavier's abuela is worried about him getting hurt on her watch but it is unavoidable. Today he threw himself off the couch. Last week he stood up in his high chair while having dinner. I turned my head to say something to my mother and he stood up on the seat...yes, he was buckled in. Move over Britney Spears.

This is the video I promised. There are two clips and I think tia Lala would be proud, especially because he is on his way to signing with you!

The first is Xavier in his walker at his abuela's house. He is getting more mobile in the walker as well. He runs full speed until he hits the wall...or a person. He can also manuever around corners, spin and do a K or U turn better than his madrina.



C:\Documents and Settings\Daniel\Desktop\Leche and Running on Vimeo

The second video is something we haven't seen much these days. We were impressed that he could sign milk (and was doing it when he was also doing his distinctive milk cry), but since he started waving he can't be bothered. When he learns to clap he will probably no longer wave...

3 comments:

Penelope said...

I can't see the movie. Boo Hoo. And, what is it with the standing in the bath? Bathtime is all too crazy for me!

Anonymous said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! HE SIGNS!!!! Its just one word but still good for me. Thats the best birthday present I have ever gotten from that gordito! He is one wild kid...tsk tsk tsk cant wait to see him in AUGUST! I am going to watch this video thousands of times!
Tia Lala

Anonymous said...

Can,t wait to get him in the Schroon river. He will love it once his body gets to temperture. I'll watch so he doesn't float down the river like his dad did.
Gramps