Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Get Ready, Get Set, GO!

So far xavier only has the "get ready" and "get set" parts down...no "GO" yet! However, I thought I would post some pictures of all his new found mobility. He was always a little squirmy for his age, but has become even more so the last few weeks. Let me start there.


Here he is trying to go somewhere...I'm not sure how he thinks he'll get there...

Yes, folks, that is an Arsenal soccer outfit (Daniel would probably disapprove of the term outfit)

Ok, back to the squirminess. Ready. He gets on all fours by leaning over on his hands when he is sitting...


Set. Then he moves his feet out from under him, but manages to stay on his knees. After this he usually stays in this position for a bit and then does a belly flop or starts rocking back and forth. If there is something he wants to get to, he will throw himself to reach it...I try to let him practice on soft surfaces, but now when I put him down for belly time he scrunches his knees up and goes right into crawling position. Daniel tells me I'm being too...(what's the technical term?)...wussy. BUT, in my defense, he did throw himself once and his head hit the floor...so, there is reason to be somewhat concerned. When he does try to move his arms he forgets about his legs and also falls over those times. That's what happened in the picture above. It's all very exciting but also worrisome...because we will need to start chasing after him soon!

Almost "Go". My sister has a video of the rocking, I'll see if I can get a hold of it and post it later...It's not crawling, but it is cute.

7 comments:

Penelope said...

Loved the date. I'm telling you he is going to crawl any day now. The soccer shirt is, of course, perfect!

Anonymous said...

Can I just say how photogenic your baby is? and I love the baby bathrobe, very cute!

Anonymous said...

This guy should be on the front of the Gerber baby food jars. They would leap of the shelves making him a nice trust fund.

Anonymous said...

SOCCER!!!?? Come on, lets put a basketball jeresy on him... PLEASE! hehe He sure is in a hurry to grow up. Looking forward to make him all hyper and moving when I see him!
Tia Lala :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Norma,

Sorry I never write but my parents came back from PR and they were asking to see pictures of friends and their babies. He is adorable. They loved seeing them. Hope to see you soon.

Anonymous said...

Sorry that last message was from Teresa in Boston - sorry still learning how the blog works.

Anonymous said...

It was so great to see you guys on Sat.! Xavier is growing so quickly. Do you have any footage of him dancing?